Here is my little sculpture garden.
A terse self-critique can be found as a footnote in one
of my papers.
It includes most of my sculptures in chronological order.
1. Maquette. Influenced by Moore. Plaster and paint. Frankfurt. 1970.
2. The Hand of God. Influenced by Feuerbach. Clay. Frankfurt. 1971.
3. Gelassenheit (Let it be). Black walnut. Influenced by Heidegger. Pine Run, New Jersey. 1976.
4. Twisted Sister. Cherry. Not influenced by E.T. Pine Run, New Jersey. 1977.
5. Organic Form. Plaster and mixed media. Influenced by Roger Dean. Philadelphia. 1980.
6. Atomic Power. Cyprus. Philadelphia. 1983.
7. The Owl of Minerva. Redwood. Influenced by Hegel. Niwot, Colorado. 1995. (Gift to Alan)
8. Female Torso. Cottonwood. Influenced by Bliss. Niwot,
9. Common Senses. Redwood and mixed media. Niwot, Colorado. 1996.
(Gift to Zake)
10. Boulders. Redwood. Influenced by boulders in a mountain stream. Niwot, Colorado. 1996.
11. Rocky Mountain. Colorado Alabaster. Selected at the mine, near Marble, CO. 1998.
12. A Rocky Couple. Colorado Alabaster. A chip off the old block (above). 1998.
Recent carvings from 2010 are available at: Creating new sculptures in 2010
Here is a new carving from June 2014:
13. The Spirit of Cape Cod. Wood from the Stahl-Bliss woodlands, possibly wild cherry; base of London Plane wood also from the woodlands. 2014. Dedicated to Carol.